Sunday, 31 March 2013

Another masculine card!!

I seem to have a run on masculine cards at the moment! The card is black and gold not navy as it looks here! I didn't use a template but drew one side of the waistcoat and cut it out, and using the first one as a template cut the next one slightly broader so it could be overlapped and fastened! Using a spare piece of the starry card created a contrasting pocket and placket for the front. I used brads from my stash and a creative expressions antique watch to create a brass fob watch! The chain is a piece of broken costume jewellry stained with Adirondak terra cotta alcohol ink. To create this particular card I chose to make a 'base' card from a piece of A3 card, folding the A3 card in half and cutting it to make a square card 21cm x 21cm.(approx). Then open up the card and make the card into a 'gate fold' card. This also meant that I could make a rather large card but could still use a DL envelope! I attached the starry fronts to the base card before cutting around it and creating a shaped back. You can see the shape is slightly different so the card will stand up. I am entering this card into Cute Card Thursday Challenge 262 - Brass in Pocket,  Divas by design - Use Some Metal and Totally papercrafts- metal

Thursday, 21 March 2013

Easter Parade

With bunnies made from white card and coloured with promarkers. I attached a white pompom from my stash to each one. Using a template for an interlocking zigzag card from creative cardmaking magazine issue 48, I covered the front with a flowery paper from my stash and a few docrafts flowers. Glued feathers on parts of the card just helped to soften it and give some more depth. I'm entering this into this weeks Cute Card Thursday challenge 261 Easter Parade and Papertake Weekly Challenge

Saturday, 16 March 2013

Templates, distress ink pads and embossing folders for a masculine card

I bought some masculine items from my local craft shop recently so used them for 
this weeks CCT Challenge Anything Goes. I'm also entering this into Country View Challenges.
I used the kaisercraft clock template and 'old paper' distress ink pad with blending foam. This creates a background in very little time, ink up the blending foam and tap gently over the template. Using 'walnut stain' distress ink pad, swirl over the edges of the card to highlight. Using a 'woodgrain' embossing folder on a piece of pearlescent green card I then used the inked blending foam to highlight the grain. 4 Creative Expressions 'screw effect' brads, 1 Creative Expressions 'brass clockface' suspended with a brad onto a brown card circle. Finished by wrapping hemp cord, sentiment stamped from an old See-d's collection and black gems.